Volkswagen Headquarters Germany
The multistorey administrative building completed in 1959 underwent thorough refurbishment to meet contemporary expectations of a corporate headquarters. The building received two new entrances with flying roofs that noticeably complement the older building.
The office lighting design has linear lighting fixtures integrated into the ceiling. The arrangement of luminaires underscores the lightness and refinement of the building in its nocturnal effect. At our suggestion, the luminaires are placed in a channel custom designed by us to include all of the building automation: sprinklers, loudspeakers, ventilation outlets, etc. The space in which to position all of these elements was very constricted, making their placement in the channel a particular challenge that had to be closely coordinated with the architects and building technicians. As a result, the ceiling is now extremely clear in its structure and remains free of any other fixtures or installations.